BREAKFAST WITH SANTA HAS BEEN CANCELLED DUE TO FCPS INCLAMENT WEATHER POLICY. WE ARE WORKING OUT REFUNDS WITH PAYPAL.
On The Horizon 12.4.2017
National Christmas Tree Ornaments are still for sale. Please contact me to reserve your ornaments now!
Spring Trip Deposit – $150 due
Breakfast with Santa tickets available at www.spartanchoir.com/tickets
Please like and follow our new page on Facebook @ Spartan Choir
Breakfast with Santa ACTION ITEMS:
ALL STUDENTS – by This Thursday
- Bring in 1-2 rolls of wrapping paper
- Last name beginning with A-L: 1-2 boxes of doughnut holes (AKA ‘pop-ums’)
- Last name beginning with M-W: 1-2 packs of Juicy Juice or similar small juice box (8 pack)
Friday after School
- All students meet in the cafeteria to help with setup from 3-5
Saturday – Breakfast With Santa – 8:00 AM -1:30 PM
- Students in costume arrive between 8:00 and 8:30 – do all makeup and hair in advance.
- Students not in costume arrive by 8:30 AM to help finish setup in the cafeteria
- Students not in costume should report directly to the cafeteria. Students in costume need to come to the cafeteria when they are ready by 8:45.
- 8:50 – Warm – up in cafeteria.
- Major characters are in hallways by 9:00 to interact with kids
- All other students are at their stations or helping Mr. Brandt/Mr. Browne
- 10:00 AM doors open. Choir Performances are from 10:15 – 11:00 in this order:
- Bella Voce
- Bel Canto
- 11:00 – 12:00 Students who signed up to perform a carol will perform. Program will be distributed to students in advance. Keep track and listen for your name to be called.
- Begin teardown at 12:00-12:30 – Characters change out of costume. Characters take costumes to drycleaner. Return after the break.
- All hands on deck to help Mr. Browne and Mr. Brandt put everything back into storage and choir room between 12:30-and 1:30 PM.
- General guideline of Breakfast with Santa – there is always something that needs to be done. I know it’s a long day – you will get a break after you perform and you will get all the snacks you can eat after we are done. Look for something to do or someone to interact with (public/kids – not friends) – please do not stand around chatting with your friends ESPECIALLY IF YOU ARE IN A COSTUME! It be great if the characters from the same movie or story hang together.
- If you are unsure of what you should be doing ask me or Mr. Browne.
- Do not leave anything in the choir room when you leave – please pick up after yourself and each other.
We still need parent volunteers and donations. Please volunteer here.
Mix 107.3 Choir competition – $5,000 Prize
We have entered the Mix 107.3 Choir competition. Please vote for our song “DECK THE HALLS” by following this link. (I recorded two choirs but they would only let me submit one. Upon further investigation I learned I uploaded the wrong edit of our song – which I am thoroughly embarrassed about but anyway…)
Voting will take place at www.mix1073.com/choir share this link with everyone you know and vote – VOTE – VOTE!
Everyone voting can vote once per day.
The choir with the most votes will be announced this Friday, December 8th during the Jack Diamond Morning Show (between 6am-10am). The winning choir must perform 3 songs at the High School Holiday Choir event at The Shops at Wisconsin Place in Chevy Chase, Maryland on December 16th from 2-4pm. The weather date is Sunday, December 17th from 2-4pm at the same location.
At the event on December 16th, the winning choir will be awarded $5,000
Next Monday 3-5:30 PM Rehearsal at Messiah United Methodist Church – students should be picked up from the church when they are done. We will rehearse in Concert Order.
- 3:15-3:45 Bella Voce
- 3:50-4:20 SparTones
- 4:25-5:10 Bel Canto
- 5:15-5:30 Madrigals
Next Tuesday – 7:00 PM Winter Concert
- Students arrive by 6:15 for warm-up
- Concert starts at 7:00 PM