The audition process for 2022-2023 has begun. Auditions will take place in person this year during choir classes. If you are not currently enrolled in one of our choirs you can contact me for submission instructions at DTBrandt@fcps.edu. Auditions are only required for students who wish to take Madrigals (Advanced Mixed Choir) or Bel Canto (Intermediate Treble Choir). Students who would like to be in SparTones (Beginning Basso) or Cantus (Beginning Treble) do not need to audition.
Students are welcome to audition for more than one choir as long as they are registered for more than one choir credit. They will be placed in the choir that is the best fit for their voice/ability. Audition songs do not have to be memorized. If you cannot finish the song it’s okay. If you cannot finish the sight reading it’s okay. This audition is designed to be challenging.
- Review the Audition Rubric before your audition- Please fill in your student ID and voice part.
- Prepare one of the following examples of “Whither Must I Wander”
- Perform the audition piece and a sight reading example at your audition slot DURING CLASS.
If you are not a current student:
- Video record yourself performing along with the accompaniment.
- The accompaniment track must be Audible in the recording. Ex: You can play the track from a computer while you record the video with your phone.
- Submit a video file by saving it in your google drive and submitting a link.
- Email me if you are having any difficulty.
- Whither Must I Wander – Soprano 1
- Whither Must I Wander – Soprano 2-Tenor 1
- Whither Must I Wander – Alto 1
- Whither Must I Wander – Alto 2 -Bass 2
- Whither Must I Wander – Tenor 2
- Whither Must I Wander – Bass 1 – Bass Clef
- Whither Must I Wander – Bass 2 – Bass Clef
4. Practice with the mp3 accompaniment:
- Wither Must I Wander Soprano 1
- Wither Must I Wander Soprano 2 / Tenor 1
- Wither Must I Wander Tenor 2
- Wither Must I Wander Alto 1
- Wither Must I Wander Alto 2
- Wither Must I Wander Bass 1
- Wither Must I Wander Bass 2