The audition process for 2020-2021 has begun. Auditions will take place virtually this year on Google Classroom. If you are not currently enrolled in one of our choirs you can contact me for submission instructions at DTBrandt@fcps.edu. Auditions are only required for students who wish to take Madrigals (Advanced Mixed Choir) or Bel Canto (Intermediate Treble Choir). Students who would like to be in SparTones (Beginning Basso) or Cantus (Beginning Treble) do not need to audition.
Students are welcome to audition for more than one choir as long as they are registered for more than one choir credit. They will be placed in the choir that is the best fit for their voice/ability. Audition songs do not have to be memorized. If you cannot finish the song it’s okay. If you cannot finish the sight reading it’s okay. This audition is designed to be challenging.
- Review the Audition Rubric before your audition- Please fill in your student ID and voice part.
- Prepare one of the following examples of “Blow, Blow, Though Winter Wind”
- Video record yourself performing along with the accompaniment.
- The accompaniment track must be Audible in the recording. Ex: You can play the track from a computer while you record the video with your phone.
- Submit the video file to me in google classroom.
- Email me if you are having any difficulty.
4. Practice with the mp3 accompaniment:
- Blow, Blow Though Winter Wind Alto 1 and Bass 1
- Blow, Blow Though Winter Wind Alto 2 and Bass 2
- Blow, Blow Though Winter Wind Sop 1 and Ten 1
- Blow, Blow Though Winter Wind Sop 2 and Ten 2